The Story So Far
SkyBox Labs was founded in 2011 and has expanded steadily since. Despite this growth, We’ve worked hard to preserve the culture of a small studio and the feeling of being able to make an impact. There is a real sense of comradery at SkyBox, built on mutual respect and trust between team members.
Our flat structure underscores the open and supportive nature of the SkyBox team: regardless of one’s level at the studio, everyone is accessible and receptive.
Meanwhile, the diversity of our projects provides the opportunity to work with the world’s top publishers and flex our creative muscles on original games.
- SkyBox Labs is joining NetEase Games (read)
- Forbes | NetEase Games Acquires ‘Halo Infinite’ Co-Developer SkyBox Labs (read)
- GamesIndustry.biz | NetEase acquires Canadian game studio SkyBox Labs (read)
- HaloWC 2022 | Community Stage (watch)
- Daily Hive | Halo maker SkyBox Labs opens 3 studio offices in Burnaby and Victoria (read)
- SkyBox Labs Set to Launch Three New AAA Game Development Studios in BC (read)
- Vancouver is Awesome | Level up in your game development career at one of Vancouver’s biggest game studios (read)
- ArtStation Magazine | 343 Industries HALO: Infinite Art Blast (read)
- Halo Waypoint | Inside Infinite – October 2021 (read)
“We spent a lot of time and care developing the TACMAP due to it being closely tied to the core of Campaign’s gameplay loop. We worked closely with our external partner team SkyBox Labs to bring this to fruition.”
- TweakTown | Halo 5 Forge dev created one of Halo Infinite’s best features (read)
- SkyBox Labs turns 10! What a decade of making amazing friends, memories, and games!
- PlayStation | Minecraft adds PS VR support this month (read)
- Cane and Rinse | The Sausage Factory Episode 283: Skybox Labs (listen)
- GameDaily.Biz | Halo Infinite co-dev SkyBox Labs espouses flat studio structure (read)
- PC Invasion | Stela review — Fire walk with me [Score: 9/10] (read)
- Rock Paper Shotgun | Top 12 New PC Games For March 2020 (watch)
- Nintendo | Stela – Announcement Trailer – Nintendo Switch (watch)
- XDS 2019 | Making Halo in a Distributed Environment – A Co-Development Story (watch)
- SkyBox Labs Partners with Wizards of the Coast to Support the Development of Magic: The Gathering Arena (read)
- Touch Arcade | Apple Arcade: ‘Stela’ Review – A Beautiful, Scary Journey (read)
- Xbox.com | A Peek into the Creation of the Cinematic Platformer Stela, Releasing Today on Xbox One (read)
- Gizmodo | The 20 Apple Arcade Games That Make It Worth the Money (read)
- GamesIndustry.biz | Skybox Labs: Development and co-development in broad vistas (read)
- Variety | Cinematic Platformer ‘Stela’ Focuses on Depth, Mystery (read)
- Windows Central | Our 8 favorite ID@Xbox games at GDC 2019 (read)
- GameSpot | Stela – 10 Minutes of Cinematic Platforming Gameplay GDC 2019 Preview (read)
- Kotaku | If you’re looking for something to scratch that Inside-ish puzzle platformer itch… (read)
- Gematsu | Halo Infinite co-developer announces cinematic platformer Stela for Xbox One, PC (read)
- Bleeding Cool | SkyBox Labs Announces New Xbox One Game Called Stela (read)
“The visuals and the trailer look absolutely stunning and it’s the kind of game I wish I had in my hands right now.”
- Variety | Microsoft to Showcase 30 Games at GDC 2019 (read)
- Xbox.com | 13 New Titles Announced for ID@Xbox Ahead of GDC 2019 (read)
- Daily Hive | 21 awesome Vancouver companies currently hiring more than 150 positions (read)
- Comicbook.com | Halo: Infinite Being Developed By 343 Industries and Skybox Labs (read)
- GameSpot | Halo Infinite Adds A Co-Developer (read)
- EGM | Halo Infinite won’t be developed by just 343 Industries (read)
- Windows Central | SkyBox Labs helping with Halo Infinite development (read)
- Wccftech | Halo Infinite to be Co-Developed by Halo 5: Forge and Project Spark Studio Skybox Labs (read)
- SkyBox Labs Partners with 343 Industries on Development of Halo Infinite (read)
“343 Industries is excited to continue our partnership with SkyBox Labs on Halo Infinite, with their team doing great work across many areas of our project.” – Chris Lee, Head of Halo FPS at 343 Industries.
- SkyBox Labs Brings Bedrock Version of Minecraft to Nintendo Switch (read)
“SkyBox Labs has been an excellent partner in developing the Bedrock version of Minecraft for Nintendo Switch. Their expertise in Nintendo Switch development was instrumental to bringing our players a seamless cross-play experience.” – Travis Howland, Minecraft Director, Microsoft Studios.
- Straight.com | Why Metro Vancouver has become a world leader in virtual and augmented reality (read)
- Xbox.com | Inside Xbox One X Enhanced: Halo 5 (read)
- Xbox.com | 343 Industries Details Massive Updates for Halo Esports and Halo Games (read)
- Business in Vancouver | B.C.’s top video game developers reach for the next level (read)
- GameSpot | Xbox One X Enhancements For Halo 5 Detailed (read)
- Polygon | Halo: The Master Chief Collection to get fixes, upgrades for Xbox One X (read)
- GamaSutra | Using 3D-Printed Trophies and Community Tournaments to Increase Player Engagement (read)
- Twinfinite | Third Expansion for Age of Empires 2 Announced (read)
- Destructoid | Review: TASTEE: Lethal Tactics (read)
- GameSpot | TASTEE: Lethal Tactics Review (read)
- Destructoid | The top 33 indie games to look for in 2016 (read)
- Rock Paper Shotgun | Impressions: TASTEE: Lethal Tactics (read)
- Cinema Blend | Age Of Empires 2 Is Getting An Expansion 16 Years After Its Release (read)
- Financial Post | Project Spark review: Game building 101 on Xbox One (read)
- Canada.com | Project Spark review: Coding and design made easy in this inspiring game creator (read)
- Destructoid | What’s this? An Age of Empires II expansion? (read)
- PC Gamer | After 14 years, an Age of Empires 2 fan mod becomes an official expansion (read)
- SkyBox Labs’ first console title launches: Kinect Nat Geo TV, co-developed with Relentless Software.
- SkyBox Labs opens its doors!